Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Beginnings...

So, some time ago (March 2007 to be exact), my good friend Justin snagged a trial copy of World of Warcraft from a coworker. This coworker suggested he come play with him (and others) on Thunderhorn server. As it was our regular poker night, I and two other friends (Phill and Josh) were over. After the game, we all watched as Justin rolled his first character - a Gnome Rogue named Krunchypants.

I was immediately attracted to the game. Admittedly, I'm a Blizzard fanboy, having played Warcraft 2 & 3, Starcraft, and both Diablos. When I got home, I went to WorldofWarcraft.com and downloaded the free trial there. Once the download completed, I decided to go ahead and stay Alliance, as Justin had rolled that, and I would likely have a guild to join if I stayed with the game (because of Justin's coworker). After quickly scanning the possible classes, I knew that I must play a Mage. I've always played that sort of character when given the opportunity in both video and tabletop RPGs, so the Human Mage Randompants was born.

Phill and Josh rolled up characters, and we all still play to this day. We all started that fateful day in Thunderhorn, where Josh has remained faithfully throughout. Justin, Phill, and myself transferred over to Gnomeregan and returned to Thunderhorn this summer with some other friends from the guild we had there.

I've started this blog to chronicle both the past and present of my time in World of Warcraft, with anecdotes about my current guild (Knights of the Blackrose, the guild Josh runs), my past guild (The Power of Pants), the state of the game, or whatever else about the game crosses my mind. I may even get Justin, Josh, or Phill to pen a word or two. For now, sit back, grab a beer (or Ice Cold Milk) in the inn, and we'll see what happens.

Pants!

No comments:

Post a Comment