Thursday, January 21, 2010

What I Play

As mentioned yesterday, my first character was my Mage, Randompants. Random is still my main, and is the toon I put most of my time into. You can see him in all of his glory in the upper right of this blog (using the new Armory feature to export his model for all to see). I play him as Arcane, with a Fire offspec (that I rarely use). My professions are Herbalism and Alchemy, and I've leveled them since the beginning. Most of what I've experienced in game, I've done with him. Random is my comfort zone. If I see any of my toons as myself, it'd be Random.

Next comes Bluepants, my Draenei Paladin. Blue was started when Random was in his 50s, when the Plagulands and Un'goro Crater just weren't doing it for me. I got her to 20, and missed my Mage, so she was parked for months while I got Random to 70, started my own guild, and generally did things that left her in mothballs. I was determined to level her as Protection, and did so until 62, where she was parked once again while Wrath came and Random took back over. After I got Random to 80 and into a schedule, I decided it was high time I checked out the Retribution game. Now she's 78, parked in Dalaran doing JC dailies and waiting while I decide when I'm going to push her to 80. She's dual specced Retribution/Protection, and she'll be my tank. I'm still quite new at tanking, but I've been told I'm not bad. We'll see, we'll see. Blue is my rock...always patiently waiting.

Finally, we have Tomboypants, level 43 Draenei Shaman. Tomboy was my "token" character on Thunderhorn while I primarily played on Gnomeregan. Mostly used as a vehicle for chatting, she only made it to level 14 before I relocated Random and Blue. Now I play her off and on when I'm looking for a fun change. I figure she'll be my healer, and I'll dual spec her to Restoration once Random and Blue decide to send some cash (and caster heirlooms!) her way. I'm intrigued by the idea of Shaman healing, but I don't want to give up my Enhancement questing spec—It's just too much fun! Tomboy's the party, the guilty pleasure.

I've got more characters, but these are the ones I spend my time with. I tend to personalize these three when I talk or write about them. That's the roleplayer in me. The more time I invest in a character, the experiences in game make that character seem a bit more real.

No comments:

Post a Comment